Applicants should be fulfilling all of the following conditions:
(1) Applicants who has received a Masterʼs degree in any major related to Environmental Science and Agricultural Science.
NOTE: Applicants must contact their potential supervisors to discuss about their doctoral thesis research themes.
(2) Applicants who belong to the organization where has validated MoU or MoA with Okayama University.
(3) Applicants who are able to do the research at a university (and/ or a research organization) in Vietnam for one year during their doctoral course.
(4) Applicants who has the supervisor (who holds PhD degree) at a university (and/or a research organization) in Vietnam.
(5) Applicants who are under the age of 40 by the time of entrance.
(1) Application form (Use the official application form attached)
(2) Official academic records issued by the institution from which an applicant graduated or is expected to graduate (in English)
(3) English certificate of TOEFL (International or Institutional), or TOEIC or IELTS, or CEFR
(4) A copy of masterʼs thesis.
(5) If any, summary of an applicantʼs current research after graduation of master course.
(6) If any, status of co-work with the potential supervisor at Okayama University
(7) An English abstract of (4). (1 page in A4 size, tables and figures can be included)
(8) Letter of Commitment for the Entrance signed by the applicant and by both potential supervisors from Okayama University and a Vietnamese university)
All required documents must be submitted by post by the deadline of 15 October 2019 to Okayama University, Japan.
Address for submission of documents
Graduate School Section Academic Affairs Division
Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology
3-1-1, Tsushima-naka, Kita-ku, Okayama 700-8530, Japan
(1) First Screening: Review of the required documents and Interview in English (2) Final Screening: Review of the required documents
For the final screening, applicants need to apply to the Overseas Selection for International Students (Application Period: November 21, 2019- December 11, 2019) selection process.
*The entrance examination fee will be waived.
2019 September 20 (Fri) to October 15 (Mon) Application acceptance period
Mid October to late October First Screening
Late October to early November Announcement of the first screening results
November 21 (Thu) to December 11(Wed) Application acceptance period
for Special Entrance Examination for the Foreign Students
2020 January 10 (Fri) Announcement of the final screening results
March 13 (Fri) to March 16 (Mon) Registration period for admission
April 1 (Wed) Enrollment and the courses begin
Tuition: Okayama University waives entrance examination fee, enrollment and tuition fees for the successful candidate in this program during their period of studying at Okayama University.
Fees for Vietnamese Universities might be applied.
Scholarship: Provided by Okayama University to the successful candidate in this program during their period of study at Okayama University (In the First Year: Maximum of 1,600,000 JPY).
Accommodation: Students in this program are able to stay on the campus housing preferentially with monthly fee.
(1) Students will enroll into International Doctoral Course for Young Lecturers.
For more information, please refer to the accompanying sheet. (2) April, 2020 to March, 2021
Coursework and research at Okayama University (3) April, 2021 to March, 2022
Research at a university (and/or a research organization) in Vietnam. (4) April 2022 to March 2023
Coursework and research at Okayama University. Doctoral thesis preparation and Thesis Defense
One A4-size page, all margins are 25 mm, use Times New Roman font, standard font size is 10.5 point except the title with 12 point. Applicantʼs name is followed after the title with a line space. Summary begins after the name with a line space. Figures and/or tables can be included.